Used Car Sales Manager - £50,000 pa
SW Car Supermarket are absolutely committed to making sure our colleagues have a great place to work, are excited and engaged in what they are doing and are rewarded for their achievements.
Our fantastic benefits package includes:
- £30,000 Annual Salary (OTE £50,000)
- Company pension scheme
- 28 days paid holiday
- Employee discounts on products and services
This is the perfect opportunity to break into the motor trade industry working for the right employer.
SW Car Supermarket were voted Car Dealer of the Year 2015, and Car Dealer of the Year Finalist 2016, at the National Used Car Dealer Awards in London. We invest heavily into our employees and consumers, thus making us the right company to choose.
We are excited to announce the opening of our brand new £10m showroom and retail premises representing the recent strong growth of our business. The mega 6 acre site will hold up to 1200 motor vehicles, 8 service bays, and a vehicle rental department to be completed.
Let’s start with the facts:
SW Car Supermarket aims to be the employer of choice within the motor retail industry. We put a lot of time and effort into finding and nurturing the very best candidates for every job, recognising and rewarding your achievements and supporting your personal development..
The job in a nutshell:
You will be responsible for achieving and exceeding the planned volumes and profitability of the sales department, managing the purchase of part exchanges, preparation and display of vehicles. Manage any customer issues, complaints and objections and guarantee they are solved successfully. Customer satisfaction and retention will be a main priority. You will ascertain that the customers buying journey is industry leading. . Managing a team of 6 - 8 Sales Executives.
We operate a friendly family feel and take pride in putting our customers at the heart of everything we do. Our success depends on our people so we treat our colleagues very well. Our staff are loyal and have been with us from the very start of the business, in our humble beginnings.
What you will be doing:
- Customer Satisfaction: You will build trust, communicate effectively and exceed our customer’s expectations, In essence you will ensure that our customers buying experience is industry leading. You will also be accountable for handling customer queries and complaints and ensure they are resolved effectively.
- Maximising Opportunities: To support the sales team in daily operations including but not limited to customer contact, sales funnel management, deal building and closing, professional vehicle preparation whilst ensuring that stock is kept to the company’s agreed levels.
- Maximising Profit: By driving the sales process and supporting the sales team in achieving their monthly KPI’s for unit sales, profit per unit, finance penetration and add-on products. Carry out accurate appraisals of all vehicles presented in part-exchange and complete satisfactory negotiations with potential customers to maximise sales. To ensure budgetary sales / profit forecasts are achieved, and monitor departmental performance.
- Data Quality and FCA Compliance: Ensure accurate completion of all sales paperwork and providing reports as required on all sales activities ensuring accurate sales forecasts. Making sure that the sales team accurately and vigorously collect all customer contact and vehicle data in order to maximise the quality and content of the customer database (adhering to the Company’s FCA obligations).
- Conduct 1:1 meetings with individuals.
- Have the ability to conduct and provide documentation for all monthly audits.
- Have the ability to liaise with our internal service centre, parts suppliers, accounts team, marketing team, and sales department.
- You will be involved with ensuring our products and services are accurate at all times on our website, showroom and forecourts.
- Booking in warranty work, updating customers and all departments of working progress.
- You will from time to time be at the forefront of our business and will meet and greet our customers professionally, with diligence and with a warm friendly approach.
- You will work closely with the showroom and the Directors ensuring all orders have been completed and signed off before each hand over is completed.
- Have the ability to train staff to FCA standards so they are compliant to deal with insurance related products such as GAP, Return to Invoice Insurance and Financial Products.
- Miscellaneous activities.
- Motor retail sales management experience is essential.
- The successful candidate will be able to manage a team effectively with a positive, hands on approach.
- Capable of motivating and growing a sales team to achieve industry leading sales and customer service.
What we think good looks like:
As with most jobs we would like you to have an interest and passion in what we do. With professionalism and a smart appearance, we would also appreciate it if you had superb communication (written and oral) and be highly self-motivated. Naturally, due to the nature of the job you will have excellent customer service skills and it would be advantageous if you were proficient in the use of IT packages. That’s it, that’s all we need because if you have the right attitude we will help and support you with the rest.
What we expect from you:
- Good face to face skills, ability to gain rapport quickly
- Excellent telephone manner
- Creative thinking
- Innovative prospecting ideas
- Passion to succeed
- To be self-motivated and driven to succeed and achieve
- Must be pro-active
- To demonstrate an interest and passion in what we do
- Flexibility and commitment – you will be expected to work weekends until 6 pm and bank holidays. This post is 6 days per week.
What happens next:
Once you have applied for this position, our Recruitment Team will initially consider your skills and experience based on your CV and application. If suitable, our team will then contact you to advise you of the next stage.
Job Type: Permanent
- Secondary education
- Sales Management: 3 years
Required licence or certification:
- Full UK Driving Licence