We are excited to announce the opening of our £10m purpose built car showroom premises in the thriving area of Fengate in Peterborough, hence the need of an experience Finance Assistant has become available.
You will be based in our prestige new offices and will work closely with our Finance Director.
The role in a nutshell:
- You will be responsible for managing the daily sales and purchase ledger as directed.
- Daily end of day banking for all departments.
- Recording and measuring profitability on spreadsheets ready for the company FD.
- Posting of Petty Cash vouchers and reconciliation back to petty cash balance.
- Assist with processing refunds to our customers and posting entries onto relevant ledgers.
- Checking company expenses ensuring receipts are attached and totals are correct.
- Liaising with both internal colleagues and external customers to resolve queries.
- Calculating and checking to make sure payments, accounts and records are correct.
- Sorting out income and outgoing daily post and answering any queries.
- Reconciling finance accounts and direct debits.
- Assisting the FD on monthly audits, payroll and book keeping.
- Adhoc support and filing.
We require from you:
- Results Focused: As someone who pays close attention to detail and accuracy, you will maintain and update excel spreadsheets and internal accounts, support admin processes and procedures to assist the Finance Director.
- Professional: With your “can do attitude” you will be able to deliver operational excellence in everything you do. Your ability to go above and beyond and your willingness to help others is your main focus.
- Resourceful: You will have the enthusiasm to research techniques and improved methods internally and externally; thinking laterally about our customer experience and making their journey effortless and straightforward.
- Passionate: With the ambition to thrive and succeed you will bring enthusiasm and motivation to the job and your team. Working on your own initiative and as part of the Finance team, you will have confidence and uniqueness in your style.
- Ambitious: You believe in delivering excellence, on time, every time. You naturally challenge ideas, have a positive and proactive misdemeanour and can communicate effectively.
- Continual Development: You are continually learning and improving. Its second nature for you to maintain up to date knowledge and to share knowledge and experience with others and you are proud of being the very best.
English and Maths GCSE - MUST HAVE
AAT LEVEL 2/3 - GREAT ADVANTAGE
Job Type: Full-time