Automotive Business Manager
SW Car Supermarket and SW Car Superstore are the number 1 choice in East Anglia with purpose built state of the art car showroom premises in Peterborough and up to 800 motor vehicles on display. We are looking for an experienced Business Manager to drive the business from strength to strength.
What you will be doing:
As the Business Manager you will have responsibility for ensuring the used car department is fully compliant with FCA guidelines, working closely with the Used Car Sales Executives to turn leads into sales and supporting them to maximise all opportunities to sell finance and insurance products, identifying and sourcing the most appropriate package to suit our customer needs. You will directly sell financing to customers and deputise in the absence of the Sales Manager.
- To work closely with the sales team ensuring all customers seen are qualified and maximised on profitability.
- You must have strong negotiation skills to convert cash customers into finance customers.
- To maximise all opportunities when up selling insurance products such as GAP, Extended Warranty, Paint Protection and Service Plans.
- To utilise the Enquiry Management system for recording every enquiry and for recording any prospect / customer activity, ensuring each enquiry is responded to within 24 hours and all appointments made are confirmed by email when required.
- To have thorough knowledge of the Company’s financial product range and offers, and those of competitors’ business.
- To understand and work within relevant financial legislation, in particular the Consumer Credit Act.
- You must be able to discuss financial requirements with all purchasers and exceed targets set by upper Management.
- Propose financial transactions to the the companies sponsored Finance Companies.
- Conduct monthly FCA reviews and meeting with Finance Houses.
- To work closely with the Sales Manager and Sales Controller and ensure the Sales Executives are maximising every opportunity via their weekly campaign.
- Meet the customer at point of handover to ensure full compliance and opportunities are maximised on all products.
Who do you need to be?
- You must have excellent communication skills to communicate credibly with our customers, colleagues and senior management.
- You must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment recognising individual responsibility to contribute to the performance and success of the team. You will have an understanding of the needs of others and a willingness to go the extra mile.
- You will have the ability to keep up-to-date with complex information, proven selling skills and good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- You will be good with administration, diary management.
- You will be able to develop rapport and trust with customers and to resolve conflict situations calmly.
- You will have a passion for customer service, have a process orientated approach and be professional and well presented.
- Must be able to work 48 hours per week inclusive of every weekend.
- You will have at least three years’ proven experience of leading and developing high-functioning teams.
- You will have five years’ previous knowledge and experience of selling in the motor trade environment.
- You will have proven leadership, managerial and people development skills.
- You will have strong business acumen, negotiation and closing skills.
- You will have excellent administration and IT skills.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary.
- 20 days annual holiday plus bank holidays.
- Performance related uncapped commission / bonus scheme.
- Employee discount schemes.
- Pension scheme.
Job Type: Full-time